Saturday 30 April 2016

All yorlye kum bak see uklan soon

I think this post heading means 'farewell and come back soon' in Norfolk dialect……and I have a very strong feeling that we will be back ……maybe in 2018?? What an amazing week it has been. The company just sensational - to share a week with like minded quilters is certainly a treasure and it definitely didn't feel like I was "teaching"….whatever that is!! The girls worked very hard and their blocks are all ready for stitching by hand or on their own machines at home……






 Marilyn decided to create a beautiful design to fit the padded box pattern I supplied….only the pattern pages are still sitting at the printer's office at home!! And guarding one of my boxes is the Quilt Norfolk mascot looking very glam………...






 Their mascot even got a well earned massage from Rowena before collapsing in the car ready for home……….
 Rowena, Raewyn and Kay are the most amazing quilt retreat team and I have to say for the record this is one of the best retreats I have ever been on. Nothing is too much trouble and we are well fed and watered and there are even 25 sewing machines supplied at the venue for everyone. Such hard work and after the week they are all ready to be packed up and stored for the next gathering……….
Thankyou so very much to everyone who came……it was a great pleasure and a great honour that you came so far to spend a week with me. From as far away as Western Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and New Zealand….thankyou, thank you, thank you. Maybe a reunion in 2018 is in order!……….


And one last look at those beautiful Morris windows………
One evening during the week we joined in on the famous 'fish fry' and what a treat. The sunset was a bonus as were the delightful local girls dancing some tahitian twirls from their heritage……….
 Everything is brought on wheels including tables and chairs and it is all cooked on site……...








 The fish was sensational as was the coconut bread………...
 And the rice and sweet potato with coconut cream…..mmmmmmm…...




 So a final huge thankyou to Rowena, Raewyn and Kay for your incredible kindness and hospitality….you are treasures and we look forward to crossing paths again. We've been called to board our plane home so farewell and lots of hugs xx


8 comments:

  1. What lovely work the girls produced, the black background was rather stunning. You're like us...want to go back, but will it all change in July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful time you had - the whole thing just looks amazing. Which quilt pattern is used for all the flower blocks, I love seeing so many all are beautiful. Your evening cookout looks fantastic as well. I can see why you wish to go back in a couple years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work! I've enjoyed your trip. Thanks for posting Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip that was Michele, the island looks fantastic! It reminded me of when I was living on a similar island as a 12 year old and what lovely memories I have of that. The patterns of the flowers look stunning (make me want to start and do some hand appliqué and also on black)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post about an amazing retreat! I'm in love with those blocks you and your students worked. But what a lovely place, setting, food, etc. Thank you so much for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thoroughly enjoyed it with you Michele. Love your post. Looking forward to 2018 would be great to do it again. Lots of thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thoroughly enjoyed it with you Michele. Love your post. Looking forward to 2018 would be great to do it again. Lots of thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x