Saturday 2 April 2016

Blogging at breakfast

This is just a quick visual blog while I have breakfast to show you how the town of Millicent joins in the celebrations of the Geltwood Festival. But first…...I had the pleasure of driving the other quilt tutor Wendy Williams who is known for her gorgeous wool felt quilts. I've 'borrowed' some photos including this one of a favourite quilt "Round the Garden" from her website……….
And I also got to see this beautiful bag in the flesh too………
Wendy also has a "delicious" published book full of projects of her exquisite work which you can purchase along with a stack of patterns and kits HERE……..
 Wendy thought she might do some stitching as I drove, but instead she enjoyed seeing some 'foreign' countryside including the 130 km stretch of the Coorong that she knew nothing about. And I think the tongues wagged the entire 5 hours so there was no time to stitch! We stopped at Meningie for lunch (where I sampled some delicious Coorong Mullet), and were both taken by this house - a typical historic South Australian house and garden……..






 And then a brief stop so she could photograph the Big Lobster at Kingston and some old cottages…...






Wendy was very nervous about her opening festival speech but she did a splendid job and it was a lovely evening……..




 After the formalities I went for a walk down the main street. Many businesses support the event by surrendering their usual window displays to this…….





























Some shops were in darkness so I will have to go back in the daylight to photograph some more. So I had better get cracking and on to class. More later x

7 comments:

  1. how pretty everything looks! I have that book of Wendy's and one of her patterns in it is the one I am using for the two side borders on the Postage Stamp quilt = it has the clamshells on it for "grass" that I was working on today - tell her beautiful pattern I will enjoy making it. I spotted some Morris patterns in those windows! have a delightful time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great show and tell. I, too, saw two Morris quilts in those photos. Are they yours? The bell pull looks very familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of those shop windows. How great that the whole town joins in the fun and dresses their windows accordingly. You and Wendy are both so talented - I bet you had loads of fun and lots to talk about on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely time. Wendy is a delight, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your weekend Michele. We have been to Warracknabeal to their quilt exhibition today, and seen some of the countryside. Off to the Bar xxossa tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your breakfast blog....pictures and stories.....does not get better than that.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x