Thursday 26 September 2013

Morris tour over

Well I am afraid to say I ended the tour on a big flop........I spent the last 24 hours in bed coughing my heart out! I even slept on the floor in the bathroom last night to try and give Larry some sleep! So I missed the final day and dinner but Larry captured some of it for us (And Vicki - you spent the day in the hotel with me too - sorry!) Beckford Silk was a place we discovered last year between tours so I asked Helen to add it this year...and it sounds like everyone enjoyed it immensely - Helen has even decided my designs should be turned into silk scarves - how exciting would that be? Stay tuned for that one! Thanks Larry for the photos........





Next was a visit to All Saints Church Selsley to see William Morris's very first stained glass windows........


and as an added treat the group were treated to lunch prepared by the ladies of the church.......




 Larry brought me back some of my favourite......apple and blackberry crumble!.......
 and it was all served on Morris tablecloths.........



Following this was a visit to Chipping Camden but Larry thought I had enough photos from last year for that! Two nights ago we had show and tell after dinner and Ailsa went all out and whipped up a Morris outfit complete with a stunning tea-cozy turban.......
 Here she is expressing her exhaustion from all the Morris shopping!....


 The group presented Larry with a cricket tea-towel....a lovely touch for his patience travelling 10 days with 24 women!!...

I believe the farewell dinner last night was wondeful and I was spoilt with a beautiful Morris style scarf and this stunning necklace......
Thankyou to each and everyone of you for travelling so far and for sharing in my obsession - if it wasn't for all of you the tours would never happen. I am just so sorry that I was too unwell to share in our final day and dinner. Once again Helen managed to serve us delicious meals, great company, lots of laughs and above all an amazing Morris itinerary - thanks once again Helen.......oh, and the sweetie tin too! You are 'one in a million' and we all adore you xx
Our next 4 nights are in the Georgian city of Bath. I am still feeling pretty 'ordinary' and coughing incessantly (as are many others around me as I type!)but images of these always make us smile......
 there was lots more to see (and taste!) on our first little stroll before we could check into the hotel.........











 Bath Abbey is beautiful .....

 Great way to stop people sitting on the ledges........






 A touch of home........
 And lots of embroidery.......





 Larry and Vicki outside the famous Pump Room tea rooms.........we might take you there tomorrow!





Hope all is well in your part of the world until next time xx

3 comments:

  1. do hope you are soon feeling better Michele, and thanks for the lovely tour, hugs from Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! I love the scarf idea with some of your work on them. What a great trip you all had, thanks for sharing so much. Margaret in TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele,

    Hope you are feeling better. I cannot wait to visit beautiful Bath on my Whitecroft tour in 2015. Still two years to wait! Have fun and lots of love, Katrina Hadjimichael

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x