Tuesday 24 September 2013

More William Morris

We have had another wonderful day but are starting to feel a little sad as it is nearly over. Larry wasn't feeling well so he had a day off (Vicki did too as I forgot to get her out of my bag today!!) Our first call was the charming village of Bibury. William Morris described Bibury at 'the most beautiful village in England' and here is why.......








 There has been some very serious shoppers on this trip here with some new 'Morris" style bags............




 Bottoms up.........
 and if you look carefully there is a trout............






 We had lunch in Tetbury and high on the shopping list is a visit to Prince Charles's Highgrove shop.....

 Here is a little of my walk after lunch..........









 And I found Helen and some of the crew in a lovely Hotel - The Ormond..............
 Helen had been shopping for her new granddaughter.............


 Even the loos had framed Morris prints............
 Our final visit was Rodmarton Manor. No photos inside but the gardens make up for it...........







 The summerhouse inside and out..........




 and through the arched hedge I found "the girls"..........
  



 I hope all is well in your part of the world xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I had lunch at that same hotel last year and at the very same table. The last day of your tour is the saddest, to part from such lovely people is heart wrenching. Saving madly for the May Morris tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tour you are having. I am sorry everyone is sick though.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x