Sunday 19 May 2013

Quilting in Geelong

Friday we drove from Alexandra to Geelong arriving just in time for a late lunch. Along the way we saw evidence of bushfires that had passed......
 Another "Aussie pub".....
 Geelong has some wonderful architecture.....


 and a visit along the foreshore to see the Painted Bollards is always a must.......






 Saturday was an enjoyable day spent with special friends from Ballarat and then after lunch the nerves kicked in as I prepared for the afternoon talk I had to deliver. It was wonderful to see such a great attendance with what must have been well over 200 quilters! Many kind girls brought their completed"Morris" quilts to show me...it is always such a thrill to see them finished and I thank you all so very much for bringing them (and for allowing me to photograph them for the blog). Thanks so much girls....and I knew I would forget all your names.........sorry xx
My heart always stirs when I see a version of the "Adelaide Collection Sampler" because mine is still missing presumed stolen......this one was all appliquéd by hand......just beautiful......
 Lovely Morris inspired bell pulls......

 I love the colour selection for this "Morris Magic" quilt....what a mammoth effort and again ALL the appliqué was done by hand - just gorgeous.....

 And this version of "Portiere" has 3D insects and a wonderful spider.........


Today was day one of a two day workshop with the Geelong quilters......more of that later. Five years ago on the same weekend I was teaching the very same group.....I remember it well as we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary.....and of course five years on we celebrate 35 years of 'togetherness' tomorrow.....thanks Larry for always being my patient and kind supporter (or should I say 'roadie'?!)
To you who are visiting the blog...I hope all is well in your part of the world x

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Michelle! Love those bollards - what a kick - those would be fun to visit. And awesome quilts!! I was so sorry to read you had a quilt stolen. All's well here and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x