Thursday 16 May 2013

Quilters meet at Vickery Retreat

I have just completed two wonderful days of creativity in Alexandra as a guest of Beverley and Anne of Vickery Retreat. The girls (and extended family members), have done an amazing job converting this country home in Alexandra into a creative place where quilters gather. I had a wonderful time sharing my machine appliqué with a small group of like minded quilters. The house is set up with a great workroom complete with cutting tables and a design wall...and of course bedrooms complete with handmade quilts........



 The combustion wood fire was a welcome addition......


 I ventured outside to take some photos as it continued to rain...

....but I was startled to see what I first thought was a mouse.......but this is a Bogon moth and it was indeed the size of a mouse! The link is interesting especially relating to their migration and that the aboriginal people used to feast on them as they are '60% fat and very nutritious'.  Thanks so much to everyone who came and thanks to Beverley and Anne for asking me too.
Tomorrow we head to the city of Geelong for the Geelong Patchworkers and Quilters 'Quilt-in' and some more teaching...see you the other side of that! 
I hope life is treating you well wherever you are x

1 comment:

  1. the retreat looks like a perfect place to relax with other quilters and enjoy sewing/sharing time.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x