Tuesday 31 August 2010

Liverpool crowds

This might be my last post for a few days. Two weeks ago I signed up and handed over AU$60 for 4 weeks worth of wireless internet access through the hotel chain we are staying in. Tonight I find out that the Liverpool Premier Inn uses a different provider! I am not very happy about that as it was quite misleading and seeing as we were staying in Premier Inns for the first 3 weeks I presumed it would be consistent. So I have handed over another AU$18 for 24 hours - mainly so we can email our girls at home. So here is a little snippet of our day.
Art Deco lights at Cardiff train station
I think these birds may chime on the hour but we weren't there to witness it
Now this was a rare treat for us - the first two trips we made didn't have a
1st class carriage but today's connection did - we had the carriage to ourselves!
Views through the train window
And above: look what is right next door to our hotel - a visit is on the agenda tomorrow
And below: the view from our window
And we also plan to do a trip on a "Ferry across the Mersey"
But while walking the streets this afternoon we could not belive the crowds! We knew it was a Bank Holiday today but really?? We then discovered that this is the busiest day in Liverpool for the whole year. 120,000 people from around the country descend on the city for the annual outdoor music festival. Live bands on every corner....check out the choice from The Doors, Nervana, Bowie, Blurb, Kate Bush, Boomtown Rats, Phil Collins, Coldplay and the list goes on. But a closer look reveals all is not as it seems......sounded pretty good though!


2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaah!

    Sorry, the sight of The Beatles home town made me think I was sixteen again!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so wish I could be there with you. The pics have been Fabulous! And now they Beatles? I could die and go to heaven. Wow, what a trip! Loving all your pics, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x