Thursday 19 August 2010

A day in Birmingham

The highlight of the day was seeing Jane in the flesh - well as good as!

I am sorry the photo of Jane is totally out of sequence - I am having so much trouble loading images on my little notebook computer and it seems to have a mind of its own! this image was supposed to be at then end of my entry but keeps appearing at the beginning! Is it a sign??!!

We had a wonderful day walking the city streets - the highlight was definitely the Birmingham Art Gallery and Museum. It was so wonderful to be able to take photos - I was even given a special "Photography permit" - what a privilege!


Above and below -
The old juxtaposed against the new as we headed towards the Art gallery and Museum

Jane welcomed us!
William Morris windows

And the most incredible De Morgan and Morris tile collection

Original Morris drawings


3 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over your pictures. As an artist and museum frequenter, these are so exciting and make my creativity surge. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you recently (can't remember how now!!!) and added you to my blogroll, as I have been a William Morris fan since school days. It's good to hear you enjoyed Birmingham (Brum as we locals call it). I work in Birmingham City Centre at the Law Courts and I went a few months ago to re-visit the Pre Raphaelite collection, although I saw it originally years ago and remember how struck I was by those original drawings of William Morris - pretty amazing eh!!

    Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and look forward to seeing more photographs!

    Julia:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, its a sign! a lovely image that draws you into the blog. Also a William Morris fan....still have the 60s black/white India wall paper in my hall, here in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x