Friday 13 August 2010

Celebrations

What a hectic few weeks it has been. My mind has been full of emotion - the excitement of our pending trip to the UK and Russia, the disappointment of not being able to go to Houston in November and the never ending pile of jobs to do in the meantime!! Part of that was preparing the new block of the month packs - 2,500 pattern sheets put inside the appropriate month's booklet - whew!  But there is light at the end of the tunnel. When we board that plane Sunday morning I will heave an almighty sigh of relief!

Thankyou Larry and Faye..........I couldn't have done it without you!

Now to some exciting news from Barbara Powers in the US who emailed me to tell me she has just won 2nd place in the 2010 Hoffman challenge for her quilt "London Bird" (from a pattern in Book 1 - 'William Morris in Applique'). Congratulations Barbara - your quilt is sensational!



You can see all the winners of the challenge at this link;

And to my friend Judy Carrow in Queensland - another winner!

Her email was titled " Another win for William" We both hope William is as pleased as we are! Congratulations Judy X

So the next time you hear from me I will be many miles away from home - I promise to blog with photos and stories when I can..............so take care till next time,
Michele

6 comments:

  1. Safe travels Michelle - I am half way there (Seoul) but London tonight. See you soon in Birmingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe trip! And have a ball!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip and can't wait for the BOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link to tell us where to buy the fabrics. There are two places nearby where I live, so I am thrilled! Have a great trip. Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe and wonderful trip Michele. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x