Friday 5 April 2013

Art in Adelaide

I am currently enjoying a peaceful couple of days at Jude's Sanctuary. I was going to do two days training using EQ7 but have found being an Apple Mac user it is not as simple as I first thought.........I think maybe I'd be better to sit and stitch anyway which is probably what I will be doing!! Yesterday we needed to go to the city, so I decided to visit the Art Gallery of South Australia to see the recently refurbished wings.....which I have to say are sensational! More of that later........for now I just wanted to share some of our beautiful city of Adelaide...........














 Then it was a visit to the Art Gallery.........




 This new acquisition below by a contemporary Belgian artist Berlinde De Bryckere has created a lot of controversy as you can read here.
I guess art is meant to create discussion and I must say what I did enjoy was the new layout of the entire wing.  Artworks are presented in all forms from paintings to fine porcelain and each gallery is dedicated to a theme instead of chronologically. I loved seeing the old with the new and I especially love the colours of each gallery including the most divine wallpaper. There are several themes and I recall  Human Condition, Beauty, Mortality and my very favourite Seduced..............








detail of gorgeous beading from the above mirror........
 I found a piece of Morris in another corner of the gallery with an 'interesting' person standing in front of it..........


 gorgeous woven silk...........

A few more delights that took my fancy.............






 And of course..........(!!)

And the ever patient Larry waiting for me................
Finally I just had to share this. We have read books to Beau since he was born and now he LOVES them as you can see! Larry has 1,000's behind these glass doors and Beau has finally discovered them.....priceless memories........




Enjoy your weekend xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x