Friday 16 March 2018

Wonderful Show and Tell

I have no idea where yesterday went but there you go....we are now all packed and ready for our flight to Brisbane before heading to beautiful Norfolk Island tomorrow morning. Meanwhile I did promise some show and tell and also some information about a William Morris Quilt Exhibition coming very soon........
Valerie is as obsessed with William Morris as I am and she arranged a wonderful show of Morris quilts at the same venue back in 2012 just before we left for the UK on our first Morris tours. You can see that 2012 quilt show by clicking HERE. The Church of the Epiphany has had a brand new much larger hall built so I am looking forward to seeing it all in a few weeks. If you can do pop along.......I know there will be scrumptious morning or afternoon as well! I am also thrilled to be able to show my latest William Morris quilt completed by my wonderful friend Judy. She was supposed to be just basting the quilt for me but in the true spirit and devotion of a loving friend she went a great deal further...I owe her big time! I was going to hand quilt the quilt as I am a little tired of sitting at the machine and I did plan to cross hatch which she knew about......what a stunning job she has done......
 I am planning on getting all the instructions written up soon so the pattern will be available ...stay tuned for that.......


 I have also been incredibly spoilt with this generous gift that I received yesterday from Curzons, so when I get home I will think about some new quilt patterns. This new range is from Jason Yenter and his second Garden Delights range and it is so pretty and very Liberty like in style. There is also a new Garden Fresh Quilts book available to go with the range........ 




 And my final show and tell is from Heather who sent me an email of her lovely Beatrix Potter inspired quilt. She has combined several elements of the quilts in my Stitching with Beatrix Potter book and added some more wonderful Potter characters in the borders. Thankyou Heather for sharing......
Next time we chat will be from Norfolk Island...see you then!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilts Mivchele, the new Garden Delights, In the beginning. Must look out for that. Have a wonderful trip.
    Love and kind thoughts, Jean 😍😍xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x