Friday 10 May 2019

The week that was

We have had the most wonderful rain this past week and 72mm in total where we live - that is almost three inches so the garden is very happy. Some parts of the state didn't receive these falls but we do hope it was enough for the famers to start seeding. Self sown flower seedlings are popping up everywhere in our garden and thankfully it looks like we will have some sunny days next week for the sixth "William Morris in Adelaide' tour. On Sunday I will be welcoming 24 visitors to Adelaide coming from all parts of Australia and New Zealand. Meanwhile I've been preparing for another market day tomorrow...and being Mother's Day on Sunday I thought I would make handy little matching clip on purses to go with the bags to keep money, mobile phone or keys safe.....


 The nights have been chilly and there is nothing better than sitting with the feet up in front of the telly while hand stitching bindings on some more hospice quilts......
 and I've completed three more quilt tops that are now ready to be quilted and eventually bound. It is so nice to be making quilts again for special recipients and this rail and fence design was quick and easy....and uses up some of that stash!!......

 I've also been working on the centre appliqué of a new quilt inspired by a May Morris design.......and No I didn't do all that incredible piecing......I left it to my expert Faye!.....
 Of course we've had the little people in our lives from time to time this past week and Larry and I have even managed one or two walks by the river nearby that had to include a warm toastie at our new local cafe.......




 So I haven't much to report for this past week but I did want to share some amazing talent by Kym...the other half of Faye (that did all that wonderful piecing on the new quilt). I am told this is a model of a Caterpillar 627 Scraper...well a tractor in my eyes! I went overboard taking photos on my mobile phone as I was so entranced by the intricate detail and the use of all the different timbers.......a true craftsman and I think I would even love to play with one of these as all the parts move.....



 I will be sure to report on our Morris tour adventures next week but will leave you with more poignant words from the Dalai.. I do hope life is being kind to you and Happy Mother's Day to those who are celebrating this Sunday......

5 comments:

  1. that is a great idea adding those clip on bags to your tote's that is something we could all use I'm sure. nice to see you quilting too and glad you all got rain - we have had more than we need this spring but of course it is better than not enough except the farmer's have had too much and wonder if they can get in the fields to plant their crops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your market day today Michele, you have been busy. Kym's tractor is amazing, no wonder you took so many photos. Lovely to chat yesterday, should do it more.Glad somebody got rain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purse clipped to basket, great idea so you can have sewing supplies in basket and essentials in purse and leave the handbag behind! I love Kim woodworking skills, the attention to detail is amazing and such beautiful wood. I hope he or his group plan on a exhibition. Your new quilts are lovely, rail fence is such a great block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got the rain too, although we didn't get as much as you. Your new quilt looks amazing. I hope the weather is fine for the tour next week. My friend Margaret is joining you on the tour and at 92 I think it is wonderful that she is flying to Adelaide and participating. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea adding those bags. Keeps one from having to rummage around in a larger handbag. You live in the nicest place. Those are exceptional wooden models. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x