Friday 8 February 2019

Giving Back

It is time to draw the winners of the new May Morris Portiere quilt pattern.....so Larry did it the old fashioned way and drew 3 names instead of 2 because we can! Drum roll....congratulations Adele E, Jean L and Carole G....your digital pattern is on its way to your inbox. If anyone else would like to make this quilt the pattern is on my Digital Pattern Store page......
So while I've been in the 'giving back' mode I have been busy this past week and have stitched four little quilt tops for charity. They are just waiting to be quilted and will then hopefully be of comfort to someone in need.....quick and easy and to suit all kinds of recipients.....

And this week's favourite quote from my desk top calendar is very appropriate for 'giving back'......
I think there is going to be a great need to 'give back' in the coming months for those affected here in Australia from the recent catastrophic weather events - Fires in Tasmania and the Floods in Queensland. Our hearts go out to all that are affected.....so very heart breaking. (and our thoughts are with friends in the Northern hemisphere dealing with below average temperatures along with record amounts of snow and ice). So I really cannot complain about the intense heat that we had recently and the plants that suffered in the garden.....nothing really in the scheme of things.....


 On a brighter note we had a wonderful stroll along the Brighton foreshore to see the annual Brighton Sculptures. Each year they become more interesting and diverse so here are a few favourites......

























 Oops..not this one but he did join us on the day!!......He is not quite walking yet but those eyes sure melt your heart.......



 My dear friend Dot (who will be very cross with me for mentioning her here!!!) is ALWAYS 'giving back' especially to me. This gorgeous hand stitched gift came in the post with a card that simply said 'just because'......I absolutely love it and by all the photos you can see why.....there were lots of tears when I opened it......




 So maybe this other thought provoking quote from the Dalai is just right for this week as well......'giving back' certainly makes one thing about others rather than one's self........
 We are currently having a very welcome reprieve of "warm" rather than "hot" weather so today it was time to cut and smell our latest roses. Till next time take care of each other x

5 comments:

  1. What absolutely gorgeous roses! A beautiful gift - you are dear to many of us. And those blue eyes - wow - another Paul Newman. The sculptures are amazing, and I can see all the damage in the plants when they were fried. We had that last summer. Wishing you smiles and gentle hugs as you quilt your corporal works of Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so excited! I love this pattern, and I look forward to doing some lovely applique. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sculptures, several of them would look good in my garden! Beautiful little scissor holder, the needlework is so fine, what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sculptures are great and I love the roses, they are such hardy plants and give beautiful flowers. Wade is gorgeous, love his smile and we can see his teeth. I will be looking on the digital pattern site for the lovely wall hanging.
    Take care, love Jean 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sculptures Michele, and you always seem to be thinking of others, and giving back. Thinking of you, must catch up again soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x