Sunday 16 October 2011

But there's more!!

I am sorry....I'm just showing off now but the wildflowers are so worth sharing!! Before the pictures I do have to share this lovely bit of an email that I received last night from a friend in Melbourne.......she was referring to the periwinkle plant I mentioned previously......

"Did you ever used to watch "Keeping Up Appearances" and enjoy Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet boasting about her "Royal Doulton hand painted periwinkle porcelain"  !!?
.. .. and next time you see a periwinkle take the flower apart and inside you'll find what ordinary folk would call a stamen or some such but I personally know they are fairies' brooms !!  Have a look and you will see !!!"

 Isn't that just lovely :-)













We leave Western Australia tomorrow evening - home about midnight (partly due to the time difference!), and then I fly out the next morning for the Queensland Quilt Show. Look forward to seeing some of you there.....and thankyou everyone in WA for having us - we love your state! I am sure her Royal Highness will also be impressed!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all the beautiful wild flower photographs! I would love to go to WA one day to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arent they all just stunning! Looks like you are having a good trip xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x