Thursday 13 October 2011

Almost chill out time

My workshop schedule has been leaving me confused in both day and time....where am I and what day is it??? There are a few workshops I didn't even manage to get photos of...sorry girls! Last week I had to launch a new Pfaff sewing machine in Terrigal north of Sydney and in the process had to present a workshop to 51 people!! What a huge class and thanks to Debbie and her family who helped prepare all the blocks that you can see waiting on the machines.....



At the moment we are in Western Australia and Rebecca, the Western Australian Quilters' Association's workshop convener did manage to get some  workshops photos (click on her name for more)

While we were in Perth we caught up with friends. Thanks Denise and Simon for the beautiful dinner (and sorry I left the camera behind!). We also met up with Glenda and Len who we met on our Russian trip last year. These are some memories of our day together in beautiful Perth....



We then travelled south to Bunbury - last time I was here was 36 years ago and my goodness how it has changed! So many million $$ beachside mansions.......unfortunately no photo of the workshop with the Bunbury Quilters but what a lovely place we stayed at.....


 Bunbury is full of so many beautiful gardens and roses, roses and more roses


We are currently in Pemberton - home of the giant karri trees. I have wanted to show Larry the 212 foot tree I climbed all those years ago, so more photos of that tomorrow. Above is our little cabin for 3 nights...time to chill out before I head to Dunsborough for another two day workshop.
 On our arrival yesterday I soon set myself up with a cuppa to do some more designing and look who came down to check it all out!




Today we took a rail tram that went deep into the forest....I would love to have hopped off to photograph some of the wildflowers that WA is so well known for. Did get a couple of quick shots...


Last of all a visit to a lavender farm where we added a few more calories that we really don't need!!! I've used this periwinkle shape in a lot of my quilts....apparently it is a weed over here....

 If you look carefully above you will see the quick shot I got of the blue wren



 And an orange wren hiding behind the tree

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Michele - especially when looking at them during a dark, wet, and windy English night.

    Lorchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Michele...Your Trip looks Wonderful...
    Glad it's all going well for you.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice post, Michelle....beautiful photos, and it looks like you're having a good, yet rather busy time...well done on the workshop for so many people..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful trip! Do you know what the gorgeous big red "smocked" looking flower is?

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x