Tuesday 26 May 2015

Book Launch Day!

Today was a very exciting day that I just have to share. But first of all my heartfelt thanks to so many of you who have already been on the website and purchased books…..in just 24 hours we have over 30 orders from all around the world! Many in Australia but also from New Zealand, the US and even Iceland - so exciting! But back to today…..I pondered for many weeks about the concept of a launch and serendipitously while visiting a country quilt show some months back it all fell into place! Instead of a traditional book launch the wonderful girls from Port Elliot quilters decide to host it and turn the event into a fundraiser for Australia's Biggest Morning Tea. It just seemed perfect and such a special way to raise funds for the Cancer Council. I am sure each and every one of us at the launch has been touched by cancer and I was so thrilled to be able to combine the two occasions in such a meaningful way. Larry got behind the camera and recorded some of it for me……..setting up first…..


 A much needed cuppa before official proceedings with my lovely friend Anna Scott being briefed by the President Robin……..
 It was lovely to have Emily and Maisie with us but sad that Sophie couldn't come due to work……...
 Another very serendipitous moment with our guest from the cancer council who turned out to be an entertainer! He gave us some wonderful music to launch the proceedings all dressed in the biggest morning tea colours of yellow……...


 I met Anna many years ago when I enrolled in one of her crewel work classes…..silly me thought that I could turn my designs into crewel work but 'silly me' didn't realise how long that was going to take! But I am so proud to say that Anna was my editor of my first two William Morris books and it was so special to have her there to launch it all….thanks Anna x


 Then it was time to thank many people. First of all our dear Kay who you have heard of before through the blog with news of her son Adam's battle with bone cancer…….and at the tender of age of only 23. I am pleased to report his gruelling year of chemo is finally over and he is doing well. Thankyou Kay for helping me with some project preparation for the book xx
 And then thanks to my lovely friends Judy, Delma, Faye and Vicki who provided the recipes in the book….

 And finally a lot of signing and Larry even recorded the line-up!


 So I am now on my way to paying Larry back……...

 I also received the most beautiful (very large!) bunch of flowers from the Port Elliot quilt group that are now settled on the sewing cabinet. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart to the group for arranging such a wonderful day and I am sure with over 120 people present we raised lots for the cancer council. Also a very huge thanks to everyone who came. There are so many others I would loved to have invite but numbers were limited due to space and catering….mind you there was enough food left to feed many more but it may have been standing room only! 

 So it is time for me to take a deep breath and then start signing and packing all those online book orders…….thanks folks! x





9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting me be part of such a special day! The book is fabulous, your new website is beautiful and you are just amazing. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna…onwards and upwards for us! xx

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful arrangement of flowers! congratulations on your new book and it looks like a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new book. I look forward to getting a copy. Those flowers are so gorgeous. Love those proteas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to hear that Kays son is doing well. Great idea to combine morning tea and your book, well done on your fundraising efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Michele. Can't wait to have a look at your new book.
    What a great idea - book launch and fundraising morning tea.
    Birdie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting Michele. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've already made one of the recipes in the book Michele, and the boys gave it the nod at morning tea today. Lovely book and even though I'm not much for applique I might even give it a go, maybe the pinny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. It is very interesting article. I really love this. Thank you for the sharing. Standing Room Only Catering Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x