Sunday 21 May 2023

It's been a while! And news of Gympie Quilt Show

 Yes it has been a while...an awful long 8 months actually! Now I know some people wonder why I (and others), blog but here it is. I recently watched the King's Coronation but it was one of the guests - Nick Cave who intrigued me so it led me down the rabbit hole of Google and lo and behold I found Nick blogs as well.......right here: The Red Hand Files and what a fascinating blog it is. Nick has turned it into a forum where others can ask deep and meaningful questions and with Nick's experiences in life he gives his perspective. So once again I might pop up from time to time as I actually find typing "life" on the keyboard quite therapeutic...after all you don't have to read it! So why the flowers? To break up my natter and just because!....

The other reason is to say I am sorry to those who enjoyed my stories in the past and emailed me to say how much they have missed them.  There were several people who also asked if I was okay?!! Well yes and No.....more of that later. We have moved and that has kept us very busy. The cottage was supposed to have been completed for moving in on December 14th but sadly we are 5 months on and there is still things to be done. We left selling our house for as long as we could and eventually sold in late October. We took a lesser offer as the family wanted a long 4 month settlement...perfect we thought but alas we had to put everything in storage and stay in holiday accommodation for almost 7 weeks. I will miss the garden but am so glad all the packing and unpacking is finally done.......



Two weeks before we moved in (and while out enjoying a walk!), I decided to have a heart attack! I already have some issues with my heart that prevented me from having two chemotherapy drugs when being treated for cancer. This time my usual angina didn't resolve and it was our eldest daughter Emily (an RN), that took matters into her own hands and organised an ambulance! I was told I had a "type 2" attack...never knew there was more than one type! I was also told I now have atrial fibrillation and the ticker sat on 150-170 for 8 hours despite various treatments. I also had an episode that I have been experiencing for some years where I feel like I am going to pass out.......that in fact was my heart stopping for 3 seconds so I was glad it was finally recorded. So in a couple of weeks I am having a cardiac loop recording device inserted before a decision is made about needing a pacemaker.  That procedure was delayed by a month as Larry and I finally decided to succumb to Covid 3 weeks ago! A few days after the heart attack I was meant to appear at a special afternoon tea for a fundraiser for restoration of the Morris stained glass windows at St Augustine's Anglican Church. Dear Larry stepped in and I was told he did a grand job and I (and everyone else), was most grateful........




So all is well and we are very happy living in a small village community. The outside has much to do but inside is almost complete......

In the 7 weeks since moving in we've inevitably rearranged things a few times. We have just one living area with a separate snug for Larry and a sewing space for me that is a room we had built inside the double garage. That too has been rearranged a few times......






6 weeks after moving in some of the fencing finally went up but I decided they needed "dressing" so stitched up some bunting from some Morris furnishing samples I've been given over the years....but I won't share the photo of the baby brown snake I found last week behind the bedroom door! Larry was shaking more than me as we have never experienced a snake inside!


We have a fold up bed and a sofa bed in my sewing space for when these treasures come to stay........and yes they are growing way too fast! Beau is over 11 now, Maisie will soon be 9 and little Wade will be 6 in October and here he is on his first day at school......



The other reason I decided to blog today is to share the news of a special event I will be attending in early July. Kathy asked me before Covid and then when it was rescheduled I was in the middle of the cancer muddle! So finally it is happening.....a grand big show in Gympie, Queensland. You can read about it here: Gympie Quilt and Craft Spectacular. Last year I decided to make a new piece just for the occasion and I am so glad I had completed most of it before we moved. It is a tryptich with inspiration from 3 embroidered panels designed by John Henry Dearle for Morris & Co. back in the 1890's and stitched right here in Adelaide and now on display at Carrick Hill........this link shows you many of their treasures and where I found this image....Furniture and Furnishings....

My three panels are on cream and I've enjoyed adding hand embroidery and beading to each one.......




Kathy asked me to bring a load of my Morris inspired quilts for the event but several of quilts have been given away.....but I will be bringing all that I have and especially showing this new work for the very first time.....so I hope I might see you there! I must away as I have a stack of baking to do for Emily's biggest morning tea fundraiser in a couple of days!

25 comments:

  1. Lovely read, Michele, sorry to hear the health issues but sounds like you are as positive as ever. The new panels are splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🇮🇲🇮🇴🇭🇳🇬🇳🇬🇦🇰🇼🇩🇪🇮🇳🇬🇭🇮🇹🇮🇩🇬🇼🇺🇦🇬🇺🇰🇮🛂🇹🇬🇹🇫🇮🇶🇬🇧🇯🇲🇱🇷🇬🇳Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total returns of $10,500.00 from an investment of just $1000.00 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM bitcoin is taking over the world, tell him I referred you🇰🇮🇰🇬🇰🇿🇹🇴🇳🇺🇳🇺🇬🇲🇬🇺🇹🇬🇲🇾🇮🇪🇺🇦🇭🇰🇮🇲🇮🇴🇩🇪🇮🇳🇬🇼🇹🇫🇯🇲🇮🇹🇬🇭🇬🇦🇬🇳🇬🇳🇰🇼🇯🇴

      Delete
  2. so glad to hear that you are ok and settled in to your new home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you are settled and your health is being monitored and hopefully sorted soon. Take crea dear Michele, think of you often🌸💕🌸

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear from you, and wish you and Larry many happy years in your new home.
    Keep well 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to hear from you again. Onward and upward !!
    Enjoy your new home and establishing a new garden, however small it might be.
    Take care, Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to read of your adventures Michele and know that your health is under good management. We seem to be in the age group for health crises and it all gets a bit tiresome visiting medicos and having tests. But hey, the alternative…. I love your little home. How lovely to have a new home with a place for all your treasures. And a snug for Larry. Love and best wishes Julie Haddrick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warm wishes. Following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing an update. Have missed your blog stories & reading about the grandchildren. I'm thrilled that you are settled in your new home & wish you all the best. Wish I lived a tad closer so I could give you hugs from America.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Michele, for your update on all that is happening in your life. It’s very brave of you to share so much. Sending love and prayers for your health and we’ll-being.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Michele for your blog have miss you. Hope all goes well with those health issues and your new little house is lovely and those grandkids growing fast. Love Elizabeth Grocke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to catch up with your news Michele. Thank you Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michele, I’ve been thinking of you lately and wondering what was happening in your life. Thankyou for sharing your update. May you enjoy your new home and you growing Grandies.
    I hope the show at Gympie goes well.
    May your heart behave well. X Gillian Whaites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Michele , thank you for sharing your news. What a journey!! Can't keep a good girl down!! Love your new home and everything you do. Lotsxof love from us xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely to hear from you dear Michele and great to see you are able to continue with you’re beautiful stitching as always despite all you’re health issues which I am sorry to hear about. Sounds like Larry is being his usual wonderful supporting husband by you’re side as always. Sending love to you both and all you’re family 😘

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheryl chambers22 May 2023 at 20:33

    Sending love 💕

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Michelle! I’m so pleased to hear your news. What a time you are having!! I think of you so often and I hoped that you where ok. I’m glad you’re now settled in your gorgeous new house. Sending you a big hug and best wishes. Nikki B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Michele, so sorry about more health hassles. Look after yourself. Love, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to hear from you Michele, your new home looks lovely, hope the outside is finished for you soon to enjoy time in when the weather is warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to read your update. I was just working on a May Morris embroidery and thought of you. Realized it had been a long time. Can not believe how big the children are. Hang in there - aging is not for sissies.
    Won’t be in Australia but so glad you are still stitching. Darcy Walker

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Michele I never did get the chance to thank you when you spoke so wonderfully about Gerry. The time has passed with ups and downs and like you I have had a few health issues to contend with.. All in hand now thanks to the wonderful health carers we have access to.Your new house looks great. I am working towards an exhibition at the end of the year with friend Hazel. At Hughes Gallery again.
    Best wishes to you and Larry. Regards Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Michelle, Life has certainly been crazy busy for you and I’m glad to hear you are recovering well now and settled into your new home. Oh, I do love your work and have always been inspired by you. Your latest quilt looks amazing. I hope I will be able to venture up the coast to see the Gympie Quilting Show. So I might bump into you there. Safe travels. Take care. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Michele. What a roller coaster you have been riding!!! I had missed your posts and was hoping all was well with moving etc. You have had such a tough time. I do hope you can relax now and enjoy your new home. Your new work is just exquisite. I hope to see it in real life some day. We head off OS next week and a highlight will be a visit to Kelscott Manor in July. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Michele, thanks for the update. I am such a fan and so looking forward to meeting you this weekend and seeing your new creation. Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad I found this update. I was thinking of you as I cutout some Morris fabric to line a Needlebook I had stitched. One of my few regrets in life is not having made it to Adelaide for one of your Wm. Morris tours.
    But you quilts continue to inspire and I love
    The panels you have just completed. My condolences on your health issues but as my father use to say, every morning that he woke up and could get out of bed was a good day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x