Tuesday 20 September 2022

My last ever William Morris Tour!

 It seems fitting to be thinking about our links to the UK with the funeral only yesterday of her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth 11. We watched the BBC coverage for about 7 hours with all of the pageantry and emotion. A moment in history and a time of reflection for both the past and future. And of course the iconic British Morris & Co designs have such a personal connection for me. Back in 2010 Larry and I had the wonderful opportunity of viewing the Royal Yacht Britannia in Edinburgh and you can read all about that visit on my blog HERE. Many rooms onboard were furnished in Morris fabrics...such a treat so I would like to think that the late Queen had a fondness for Morris designs too! 


So this leads me to the reason for my post. Renaissance Tours contacted me yesterday to update me on progress of the next William Morris in Adelaide tour. As you know this is my very last tour and I would love it to be an extra special week so we would be delighted to add to the list of guests already in line! If you've been thinking about it I would love you to join us to make it all happen....after-all it is not often here in Australia we get to see Morris furnishings 'insitu' like onboard the Britannia! 

The tour is more than just Morris. We explore the Morris & Co connection to Adelaide and the underlying British settlement here in Adelaide. Adelaide had a large Arts & Crafts school and with some very prosperous founders the style and architecture can still be seen. Also in November the gardens are glorious, especially the roses and we will see lots! The tour is in just under 8 weeks (November 13th-19th), so there will be plenty of sunshine and fun.......here is just a little from past tours in no particular order......









And speaking of roses......the World Rose Convention is being held right here in Adelaide just before the Morris tour so the roses will be at their very best for the world to see! I know the National Rose Garden here and also Carrick Hill have been working hard for many months in preparation, so what a perfect time for us.......














I hope all is well in your part of the world and maybe I might see you in Adelaide x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfu to hear from you! The photos are fabulous. It would be wonderful to go on that tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful Michele. Hope the tour goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🇬🇬🇲🇾🇹🇬🇰🇬🇰🇬🇰🇿🇹🇴🇬🇭🇯🇴🇰🇼🇭🇳🇮🇴🇮🇲🇬🇲🇳🇺🇭🇰🇬🇼🇹🇫🇯🇲🇺🇸🇬🇦🇬🇧Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total returns of $10,500.00 from an investment of just $1000.00 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM bitcoin is taking over the world, tell him I referred you🇰🇮🇰🇬🇰🇿🇹🇴🇪🇹🇳🇺🇬🇲🇬🇺🇹🇬🇹🇫🇮🇱🇮🇹🇮🇩🇯🇴🇬🇭🇬🇦🇰🇼

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x