Friday 13 December 2019

Trying to be patient!

My patience is being tested to the limit at the moment and I am trying so hard to develop it so it seemed fitting to start this post by searching for quotes about this very topic and my goodness there are hundreds!! But I loved this one from French philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1712-1778)......"Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet"........and what a lovely face he has too.....
Of course dear Larry had heard of Rousseau  - unlike me so I think some further reading might be in order especially about his take on 'modern' thinking and social inequality....could be very interesting almost 300 years later! So why is my patience being tested? For a number of reasons but mainly in relation to the progress of my jolly hand 10 weeks after surgery! I've been told that it will be 6 months until my thumb is working and up to 12 months before the hand is back to "normal" so patient I must be! With news of fires still burning in our country and the tragedy of lives lost in the volcano explosion on White Island in New Zealand I have little to complain about, but I have taken more pain killers this past week than the entire 10 weeks since surgery. I think most of that is due to this new contraption that has a pulley system to try and pull my thumb back to a more normal position. Thank goodness I only have to wear it for 20 minutes at a time!..........
 But somehow I seem to be able to find patience for the little people in our lives and on this day last week it was extra special as we took Wade and his cousin Maisie to the museum. Wade who has only just turned two seemed entranced by it all and observed and scrutinised beyond his years........





 And then of course a little more Christmas colour in the city......

 Last weekend we enjoyed watching Maisie perform in her end of year concert....seems like we have been going to the same dance concert for 30+ years as we watched her Mum and Auntie dance on the same stage! Maisie is such a treasure and starts school next year......
Patience is required once again now that the rose arch has finished its first blooms...hopefully I've trimmed it enough for another show in a few weeks if I am patient!....
 The hydrangeas are all blooming in the dappled shade and they last for many weeks.....

 The blooms for sale that I saw today were stunning especially the red and white bouquets for the festive season........

 Yesterday I received the most beautiful of gifts in the post from a friend and it included a large box full of festive aromas and another gift that I will unwrap next week on my birthday! But in the box amongst the pine cones there was preserved orange, cinnamon sticks and star of anise so I turned it all into a gorgeous table centre.....lucky us and thankyou to that very special friend who never likes to be mentioned on this blog (!! xx).........

 I found these images during the week of a new clothing range inspired by none other than William Morris and from Kobi Golan a fashion house based in Tel Aviv Israel.......interesting......

  So in another week and a bit Christmas will be upon us once again and we have an extra awful heatwave leading up to that.....Summer will finally be upon us. For now I will leave you with some images from the Art Gallery of South Australia that I found in this article here of the newly transformed Morris gallery. I think I might take myself to the city on the train tomorrow to have a closer look as it is looking rather splendid........


Take care until next time x

3 comments:

  1. your poor hand! I do feel for you. Such wonderful Christmas displays you have there in the city - we have nothing like that in our little area. The children are lovely as always - watch it with those pain killers! but then as a retired nurse you know all about that danger I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks beautiful, I am sure the rose arch will be stunning again soon, I am off to pick mine and bring them inside before the heatwave hits and cooks everything else in the garden...at least I will have some roses later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowza, I like that style with the jacket and no pants. yeah, I could pull that off.
    I do like that jacket.
    You are fortunate to have Christmas in summer and enjoy such beauty in the garden.
    Here we have cold rain.
    I hate the part of rehab that involves the therapy part. It is always suffering involved
    We are fortunate to have grand babies to guide our minds to happiness

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x