Sunday 10 June 2018

Meaningful Moments

I am so sorry for my two weeks absence.......thankyou for your caring emails (and phone calls!) to see if we are okay but we are all still here and creating! It is very much winter here at home but we are far from hibernating but instead making the most of every moment. It has been so very sad to hear that both Kate Spade and Anthony Boudain took their own lives this past week and it reminds us that no-one can really know how sad someone might be feeling inside. So here are some positive and meaningful moments from the past couple of weeks starting with lots of this little chap who is growing so very fast now........


 And the cousins as well with the first three photos taken by Emily of her 'little chef"......

Any playground is always meaningful for these two........

Moments stitching are so very good for the soul and these four quilts are extra meaningful as they will be going to the neonatal intensive care unit that little Wade was in for ten weeks. They lie on top of the isolettes and need to be bright and sunny on one side and dark on the other.......
 I've also managed to complete the bead embroidery on the May Morris wall hanging so yesterday we took some photos outside in preparation for being patterns.....I just need to find some moments to type all the instructions!......



Speaking of quilts I recently received some lovely photos of quilts from as far away as the USA. First up from Judy with her lovely "Arts and Crafts" quilt........
and Lorraine with her beautiful "William and May Morris" Sampler and small May Morris wallhanging.....

Jean has completed a version of one my new quilts "Morris Brocade" but I've borrowed Jude's photo as it was a little larger than Jean's (thanks Jude!).........
Thankyou so much girls for sending me the photos.....it means the world to me. I had been hoping to make a quick trip to Sydney to see the Lady and the Unicorn Tapestries that are currently on display at the New South Wales Art Gallery but that is not to be as there are only two more weeks until it closes. These tapestries have entranced me for as long as I can remember and I have had this wonderful book for many years............
 I even made my own version of one of the series - "My Love Desires" way back in 2002 - gosh that is 16 years ago!! It was a very large wall hanging but it was given away many years ago and I never took a good digital photo of it - nice to have a hard copy that I could scan instead......

 We also have this wonderful cushion that is used every day.......
So that is it for some meaningful moments from our home to yours. I hope you can find many meaningful moments in these coming weeks too x

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are back with us Michele, life can get very busy at times and for you with beautiful grandchildren (especially the oven watcher!) you inspire all of us with your beautiful designs and it is so rewarding to see the finished product.
    Wade is growing so fast now and still has that gorgeous smile.
    Take care, love from Jean 😍😍
    Take care, Love from Jean 😍💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy the shots of the kiddos. Wade is looking so good. I love your May Morris wall hanging! Blessings and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. So many lovely things to enjoy and feel thankful for. All the cousins are growing and learning. Always good to have another cook in the family! I never tire of seeing your work and any of the Morris inspired projects. Such beauty for our eyes. When my Dad was in the palliative care unit for 5 days before passing, my mom gave them an Attic 24 afghan she had made and it was so appreciated. She asked that it be used on the bed of someone without visiting family which happens the odd time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have been traveling and I have not been keeping up with blogs for the last couple of weeks. I'm so glad to see the baby is still doing great and growing so well. Lovely works that you show. Here we are in the large state of Minnesota in the north and have cooler temperatures than what our daughter tells us we have at home - hope everything is ok with all of your family

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x