Monday 11 July 2016

Windy Winter

As I write this post I can hear the news in the background warning us of another wet and windy 24 hours. Today with the vicious winds came the tragic loss of a life and several more were injured due to falling trees. We've recorded the wettest July day in over 75 years and I think one of the coldest winters that I can recall. It is only expected to reach 10-11C tomorrow so it is nice to be indoors stitching. Mind you tomorrow we have to venture out to the dentist and today Larry returned to work once more - his fifth stint since he retired four years ago! So in the past week my fingers have been busy with one quilt almost finished.......a surprise birthday gift for someone later in the year.......
 The new sewing room is proving to be a great success and Larry caught me hard at work one day........

 I did unpack some more of my late Mum's blue china that had been tucked away and I know she would be pleased that we are enjoying it all..........



 I've also managed to do some more Beatrix Potter stitching and with Helen busy making final plans for our trips I realise I only have 7 weeks to get this and another two quilts finished!!......

While Larry went to the football on Saturday I spent three hours in the garden pruning all the roses and lavender bushes. Despite the cold conditions the roses were trying to bud and one had even flowered........
And once again I notice the confusion with the plants with the jonquils blooming before I think they should...........

 The past week has also been one of family time, a special birthday lunch with one of the war widows and another special lunch with the Pathfinder Force crew.....a time when I feel close to my late Dad (and Mum). I've also managed to catch up with a couple of nursing colleagues and fitted in a couple of book proof reviews with the printer and we are on track! So my weekly report might seem somewhat dull but I will hope to be more interesting next time!  Finally I need to say a huge thankyou for your lovely messages about the cushion pattern. In all I have sent copies to 51 of you so I look forward to seeing your versions. If you didn't receive yours please let me know. (And to Jenny with an email address that has "kjee1023" in it, your email failed so you need to get back in touch with me so I can send you your copy). Take care x

6 comments:

  1. I wished to reserve a copy of the pillow patten but my phone app doesn't she me where to email you. May I leave it here? Bethastrand@gmail.com. (lowercase but my phone doesn't like that either! )
    I always love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished to reserve a copy of the pillow patten but my phone app doesn't she me where to email you. May I leave it here? Bethastrand@gmail.com. (lowercase but my phone doesn't like that either! )
    I always love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I controlled myself and didn't ask for the pattern - I have so many of your patterns that I wish to make already! your winter sounds like it is off to a harsh start but like you say it gives you sewing time. Nice to see you at work - so you do all your quilting on your home machine! Too many think they have to have a long arm to do that. I do not do the free motion but just straight lines with mine when I decide to do a machine quilted quilt instead of hand quilting. Good luck to Larry back at work and here my hubby is ending his 1.5 year contract this week and well be done by the end of the week and maybe back one more time next year. He will be 65 in February so he is not sure if he wants to do it anymore if he does it will be for six months in March and then done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dull??? Never. Don't you just love the dotted fabric and the stitching on it of course. While you are freezing, we are sweltering in 100 degrees in Texas. Your new book will be a must have. Enjoy your time at home, you deserve it and we benefil from it. Win, Win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flower photos, my jonquils have been flowering for ages, they always come before the daffodils, and I have lots of lovely (?) sour sobs flowering too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy as usual. That is the most stylish sewing room I have ever seen! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x