Wednesday 4 December 2013

Warm 'down south' and cold 'up north'!

Well we still haven't sold our townhouse so it is anxious times in the Hill household. I am a little over the de-clutter and the place has never been so squeaky clean! So two more weekends of open for inspection and then it is a break over Christmas and New Year…...so fingers crossed someone wants our place before then as settlement on our new house is January 10th!
Meanwhile, I thought I would share a little bit of some "warm down south" with you…mind you the weather is very spasmodic at the moment - 30 degrees one day and 19 the next! Anyway we took little Beau to see the Under the Sea Sandcastle event last weekend and the weather was glorious. I forgot to take my camera but my new mobile phone did the trick - except the first shot of the tall ship in the distance because I couldn't work out how to zoom! 
The rest are just fab and these are definitely some pretty special sandcastles!!








Not sure what Beau was pointing to but he was pretty happy with it all especially when we stopped at the playground on the way home………..

And it was there that he spied a crocodile….."snap, snap" he exclaimed and then bent down to say hello……..glad there aren't any real ones roaming about!!
 So as you can see by the blue skies, the sunshine and the shade hats…it is Summer 'down south'…but 'up north'??? Well these absolutely stunning photos from our dear friends Penny and Paul in Canada show what it is like for them……..(thanks Paul xx)….a Winter wonderland..but maybe it is sludge and mess?! Looks pretty beautiful to me!









Paul then sent me this delightful image below……
So I responded with……"there is always a down side to everything"...…he then replied……"don't even get me started on the socks"!!
So begins another weekend for us……..I hope yours is all it should be for you xx



5 comments:

  1. And here I was whinging about having to wear a cardie this morning! Would be nice to have a white Christmas once, but once would be enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all moaning in Adelaide about the cooler weather, I'm with Sue though, I think I would like to experience a white Christmas once just to satisfy the romantic side of me, the practical side thinks about how cold it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What glorious sand castles! I'm sending a link to this post to my grandsons - they'll enjoy it. Brrr - that's as close as I want to get to snow - pictures. They are beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the snow photos look very pretty, but can't say I would like to live in it though. Hope your house gets snapped up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having lived in England as a child i have absolutely no desire to experience snow ever again, But we weren't far from it overnight with the hail, did you get it down south? What weird weather we are having, glad it was warm for the sandcastle building.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x