Wednesday 26 August 2009

When I am not quilting




In my spare time (!!) I continue to volunteer at the local aged care facility once a week. I get immense satisfaction from doing this and it fills a void with the loss of my Mum.


Well the quilting never really took off........instead I was shown how to knit coathanger covers........here is a basket full - Betty knits the covers and then I have to cover them using leftover batting and then stitch the cover to the hanger. Now we have moved onto teddy bears knitted from squares........Betty is great at the knitting BUT I have to stuff and stitch them, each one taking over 2 hours!! Thought you might like to have a little look :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you are on the mend.....nurses make the worst patients I am told!! Love the teddies!! too cute....I haven't been reading blogs or blogging much lately....but am catching up now.....! I didn't see the Quilters Companion in shops here...I will have to see if I can still find a copy somewhere....! Take it easy.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, great to see the coathangers you told your
    Aunty Joan about at the hospital the other day.....I was her 'roomy' Love the quilting work you've done...you're very talented. Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x