Friday 20 August 2021

William Morris Tour News

Well......."I'm back"!! It has been almost 7 weeks since I chatted and a lot has happened in that time.....two more lots of surgery are behind me and the crazy chemo curls are still with me (but I am trying to embrace them with more colourful headbands), so now it is time to move forward to more positive things.... if we can during this uncertain era of Covid. Our thoughts have most definitely been with our neighbours in New South Wales as they grapple with the increasing daily statistics of the delta strain. 

I am sure we all need something joyous to look forward to so maybe you would like to join me in just over 3 months time (if the jolly borders are open!), on another William Morris in Adelaide tour...in fact this will be the 8th tour I have had the pleasure of sharing since 2018. 

So if this tickles your fancy and you would like to join me for a wonderful week forgetting about all of our worries then let the great team at Renaissance Tours know.......tell them I sent you!! This is just a very tiny glimpse of what we will see (and in no particular order).......sumptuous furnishings, decorative art, traditional Adelaide architecture, beautiful gardens and a whole lot more..........




















Just today I had the privilege of sharing some of Adelaide's connection to Morris & Co on the radio with the lovely Claudia Chan Shaw on her Arts Friday program. If you click on this link it will take you to Eastside Radio but please note I am not an "authority" or expert on Morris! I am sure I made a few mistakes throughout the interview but I was a tad nervous! Just scroll down to the little arrow that points to my name Interview. I hope to see you in Adelaide! 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you back talking about William Morris and making plans for another tour. It's been such a traumatic time for you Michele, and I'm so pleased to hear that it's now behind you and life can be enjoyed again. Sending love and very kind thoughts to you. 😍😍💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you are feeling well again. Would love to go on this tour but not sure NSW will be open by then. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to hear you are feeling better. It has been a long journey. The tour sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see your post. Hope the Adelaide tours can go ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back sure missed you Michelle. Remember to take care of number 1 now for a while and thats YOU! Thanks so so much Michelle on such a lovely armchair tour of so many stunning places you love have near you. Hope it all goes according to plan. Love his wallpaper designs. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. that would be such a lovely place to visit for sure and that you have been able to do this tour several times is so nice. Glad your surgeries are behind you now and you can heal. Maybe your hair will eventually straighten out to how you want it - but you do have hair now so that is a plus right! Hope you face no more surgeries

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed you Michelle so glad to see you back, remember to look after number 1 though for a while. It's hard I know but you must put your self first for a while. Hope your tour goes well. I have throughly enjoyed looking at some of your favourite places and objects. I love his wall paper designs. Cheers Glenda FNQLD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you back Michele. Also glad to see your doing the William Morris Tour in Adelaide again. Have been thinking of how you are going. I am thinking about joining you on this lovely tour. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I am so thankful to read your blog 🥰🥰🥰🥰, Michele. I enjoyed these lovely incredible photos, and your adventures are incredible. You are so fortunate to have access to all of this incredible history and knowledge!! thank you really so much for sharing your vast expertness and found treasures, the wall paper is crazy beautiful.
    Keep taking good care of yourself. You are always in my heart❤️🥰

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful seeing you "back" again! I am still considering a trip to Australia, however, it will be a couple years in the future with this on-going pandemic! On another note - my "Glorious May Morning" quilt won a red ribbon at the 2021 Vermont Virtual Quilt Festival! AND - my "Sofie's August Morning" quilt has been accepted by the jury for competition in the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza to be held in September. Gary & I also sold our townhouse in Atlantic Beach, Florida & have purchased a small property & house in rural central Florida & have become "country bumpkins"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear from you again. I have just finished 5 months chemotherapy so waiting for the hair to grow back. Rest and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x