Sunday 16 August 2020

The detour begins

 First of all a huge thankyou from the bottom of my heart for all your lovely messages from my last post. I wish I could answer you all personally but many were not linked to an email address but please know the difference it makes having such wonderful support. The 'detour' begins this week with weekly chemotherapy for 12 weeks so I might be absent for lengthy periods! It has been a very busy two weeks having many scans and further tests and knowing I have an aggressive form of cancer means that I am going to be determined and somewhat aggressive in kicking it into oblivion! I have learnt so much in this short space of time but can't absorb any more information.....I will just go with the flow and do my best to keep my chin up when I am feeling low. I have all sorts of headwear ready and waiting and my scarves might come in very handy on my head instead of my neck!.......


I will certainly miss cuddles with the little people in our lives but I've had many these past couple of weeks. Only yesterday I spent the afternoon with Beau on our own. We went for a long walk on the beach and he kept grabbing my hand and telling me I was awesome. I asked him why and he said "because you are famous Nanna"!! I told him I was only famous in the quilting world but he still thought it was "awesome" as it meant he is famous too! 

Maisie had her ears pierced a week ago and it was an extra special treat for her confidence with her little microtia ear.......

Cuddles with Wade will be few and far between and my oncologist has said No to any childcare. The other day I asked for a smile and what a cracker this one was!!.......
I have met so many of you across Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Canada and the US and I know many of you have travelled this rather unpleasant detour as well, so I am most definitely not alone. So please forgive me if your emails or messages are left unanswered for a time.....I will try my best to keep up with them. I've received more flowers this past week and it has been joyful to watch them each day.........




The garden is also changing with Spring just around the corner so there will be more blooms to enjoy........

I will leave you with this lovely photo from Hellen in New Zealand. She has just completed it from a class that I taught in New Zealand a couple of years ago. I just love the bright colours that Hellen has used.....a bright and happy quilt that makes me smile. Thankyou Hellen x Take care all and I hope that my next chat is not too far away x

10 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Michele, over the next 12 tough weeks. Sending you hugs & positive thoughts xx Libby in Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will be on my mind during this journey you will be going through - I will be sending you good thoughts always - wonderful beautiful quilts you have shared with us and we are so thankful for that - I think of you when I make your quilt designs -
    wonderful grandchildren they will be waiting for you when you complete your chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..

    ReplyDelete
  4. More prayers are with you. You have been an inspiration to many. I am an Embroiderer’s - Goldwork and surface. I have done numerous William Morris designs in needlepoint and embroidery. But your quilts inspired me. For several years I have collected Wm Morris style fabric. I got a new Bernina and took a quilting class. Now I am off and cutting out shapes and using Covid confinement to make a quilt from your designs. Thank you for this gift. Be positive and know you are surrounded by love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed your last post--life at our house has had its own share of news and upheaval and I find myself looking about some days, wanting to keep up with what is happening in the rest of the world while I've been trying to hold things together. I'm so sorry this is happening to you, but I am glad you know how much love and support you have, even from those of us who are not part of your inner circle. Seeing pictures of Wade looking so rosy and strong reminded me of how far he has come and I hope that gives you encouragement and a constant reminder that there are many happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grands are sooo adorable. I know you will miss them while this is going on, but you do have your wonderful photos to help! When you're feeling low, think of them and us, and know that we're all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you, Michele as you face this daunting journey... Know that you have many, many friends holding you in their hearts.
    Dot, in Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michele, I did not know this news. I have been running on empty here and no room for reading your sweet blog, now I discover you have an annoying aggravation of cancer? Oh my, I love you dear girl. Please know that I am holding you up in prayers, daily, hourly.
    You have the sweetest grand babies. They are beautiful just like you. Little treasures.
    Please get all better. stay rested too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of love coming your way Michele, we are all sharing this journey with you and sending positive thoughts to you and your family especially the gorgeous little people who love you so much.
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x