Monday 15 April 2019

Whitecroft Tour news and a Quilt show πŸ˜ƒ

Last blog post I mentioned that there would be some news about Helen of Whitecroft Tours in the UK....well the big announcement is that come October next year Helen will be finally having a well deserved break......yes Helen is retiring so she can stop and smell the roses, enjoy the little people in her life, maybe do some sailing, perhaps play a game of golf or simply enjoy all the good things in life........I am sure she will always be busy but the very final Whitecroft tours will be with Larry and myself in September and October of next year. The Oxford based William Morris Tour is already sold out but there are places on the William Morris meets Beatrix Potter tour based in Yorkshire from September 2nd - 12th next year (2020). So this will be the absolute last chance as Helen will no longer be doing tours and I am most definitely not doing the tours either! So do email Helen if you would like to soak in a little of this.......it will be your last chance with Whitecroft tours.....


In just 17 months one tour will have already finished while we enjoy some UK countryside before the very final tour in Oxford! I am sure that time will be here before we know it as life seems to be sailing by so very fast. We fill our days and just yesterday we went for a country drive to see a local quilt show......and there was even a little William Morris and Beatrix Potter inspiration stitched lovingly in some of the quilts........
 You will find the quilt maker and information shown before each quilt........





 The group presented a wonderful vintage sewing display on the hall stage......



 A sandwich and a cuppa was most enjoyable in the sunshine beside these elegant 'girls' and a very large (but not real) lizard!!........

We had only driven down that way a few days before and enjoyed a walk in the sunshine before the very noisy cockatoos interrupted the peace overhead.....



 We are still desperate for rain but the garden is still giving us blooms. These roses smell so divine.......


I was asked to speak to a local quilting group one evening last week and I always enjoy sharing all things William Morris. I received this striking plant as a thankyou gift and it has a new home under the back verandah......thankyou Coromandel Valley Quilters......
 The ornamental trees are trying to put on an Autumn display but it is a struggle for them with it being so dry. While our small backyard is full I think I could do with more places to dig and plant.......


 We are expecting more warm days this week with 31C on Good Friday...... not quite right for this time of year and Murphy's law tells me the rain will probably come on our first William Morris in Adelaide tour in 4 weeks...so bring your brollies if you are coming! Even though it is unseasonably warm the craving for cheese scones won the day last night.........
 I've had lots of emails and messages to tell me the H&M store in Adelaide is stocked with some of those Morris inspired fashions so maybe I might have to go and have a look. Mind you the money box is a little bare after our market day on Saturday......it was very quiet and I only sold one bag (thankyou Karen) and a tablerunner and tea towel to another vendor (thanks Mary)...but that means I won't have to stitch a lot before next market day......

 Little Wade is still not walking but has the strength to support himself for a short while....Beau and Maisie have started school and kindy holidays so I am sure we will see them in the coming week too.......
 So once again I wish you a happy week from our house to yours x

4 comments:

  1. Wade is changing so fast, and thanks for the quilt show, can see a familiar quilt there. Yes it is certainly dry, don't think I want to get my water bill this time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is always hard to keep the plants going when it is so hot and dry but your potted gardens look so pretty and I love all those roses. I always find it hard to sell at "markets" or "fairs" we put so much work into our items and people do not want to pay the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have one last tour to look forward to next year. Lovely quilts, so nice to have show and tell from my lounge room, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts on show, so many talented people around bringing happiness to others with their talents. It is very dry but rises always seem to get through the hot weather and still look gorgeous. The last tour should be a wonderful one, a little bit sad as well but you have done a great job over the years organising these. Wade is growing and Beau and Maisie will love the next adventures in their lives,
    Love and take care, Jean πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x