Sunday 7 April 2019

Love is in the Air

Love is definitely in the air and we are smiling as the cooler weather begins to show. Larry and I have always loved cooler months over the long hot summers......so love is in the air for lots of reasons.....even the snails seem to be in love at the moment........
 We have four dogs that surround us from three neighbours and love is definitely not in the air at 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning as they have been waking us up with barking and throwing themselves at the fence over a new resident......a small Ringtail possum. We had noticed these droppings on the ground and it has probably been feasting on the final peach crop.......maybe he/she might like to savour those snails instead for us............
So we have been very weary as the early morning sun comes through the bedroom window.........but I do love the cooler mornings and blissful shadows.........
 Love was also in the air when this gorgeous gift came in the mail last week all the way from the UK from Helen of Whitecroft tours (and I will have big news about Helen and the tours in my next blog post!). My gift smells just divine - thankyou Helen xx.......


 Love was in the air last weekend as we took a three hour drive to Wallaroo for a weekend away and to spend time with special friends (who we've known for almost 45 years!). Our little 'love shack' was by no means 4 or 5 star but it was a great little break. We stayed in a little cottage built in 1890 but before we arrived we had to drive through a dust storm reminding us of how little rain we have had these past few months.......


 I guess you would call the cottage 'rustic' with a touch of 'vintage' thrown in but it didn't take me long before I was set up to do some stitching for my next market day .........




a quaint kitchen with all the essentials.......
a very retro bathroom..........
and the 'feathered' girls out the back did produce some eggs but with the owner living behind the cottage we didn't really feel we could help ourselves!.......
 The street was full of miners cottages from the late 1800's.......














 Each morning we met our friends for coffee (that turned into lunch twice!) in the nearby historic town of Moonta. You can read on the link of how Moonta and the surrounding area is known as "Australia's Little Cornwall" with the strong history of mining by Cornish settlers. They still celebrate every year with the Kernewek Lowender - The Copper Coast Cornish Festival. I love the images on that link of the Cornish pasty making and the dancing around the maypole.....

Coincidently it was Robert Barr Smith that invested and supported the mining industry on the Copper Coast and reaped the financial reward allowing him to decorate his homes lavishly with Morris & Co. furnishings in Adelaide. Moonta is full of charm and we enjoyed our visit........
One day Debbie had a Cornish pasty with a difference - it had meat and vegetables in one end and the other end had stewed apple......so it came with sauce for the meat end and cream for the other - main course and dessert in one!.......
 There were more tasty treats on display but I showed great restraint by going for an amble instead. It was so lovely to be with you again Deb & Gary xx........






 Love was also in the air during the week when we met for lunch with my Dad's late Pathfinder Force friends. The numbers are diminishing but the memories stay alive and I feel very close to my late parents as we reminisce. We always have a special cake for birthdays and I bring Dad's wooden carved Pathfinder force wings.........




 And of course love is well and truly in the air when we look after little Wade.........
 He was so funny one day wanting to play with my necklaces and he knew exactly what to do with them!....
 Love was also in the air yesterday when I came across this gorgeous blouse and for obvious reasons I just had to have it! I know Morris would not be impressed with this mass production but how could one walk past it and my colours too! For those in Adelaide you will find it at the Equinox Clothing stores.......
 So I hope love is in the air wherever you as I conclude with another thought provoking quote from the Dalai reflecting our need for love in the air x
PS: I've had a few people ask me lately if they can purchase the Thorngrove Manor quilt pattern so I have put it on the Digital pattern page for just a short while. 

6 comments:

  1. Just read and reread your posts back to February to be sure I am caught up. So much packed into each and every one. How the children are growing! All the lovely Morris items ....gorgeous. You are still producing such lovely things. Finding your way is a great theme and I also like the quotations-words of wisdom to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shirt, and glad you had a nice few days away together. The dust storms have not been good, blowing all the top soil away. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Wallaroo, fond memories of a special holiday there many years ago. Your new purse is very sweet but the shirt is a great find, I am sure you will enjoy wearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the things you show today - so many nice interesting things - the village looks really neat to visit. Wade growing so well is always so nice to see after he came into the world way too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely time away you had Michele a break really gets life into perspective and we realise the little things are very important. Wade is looking so grown up now and just loved dressing up with your necklaces. Thanks for sharing with us again.
    Love, Jean 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. A weekend away with loved ones is a blessing to your soul. Your photos are amazing, l loved the snails. 💕

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x