Tuesday 8 January 2019

One day at a time

Christmas and New Year are now well and truly behind us so we are enjoying each day and living in the moment one day at a time and those walks on the nearby beach have been a part of it.....this time as the sun was setting......






 Always nice to see a bit of beach cricket and I am sure they could give some hints to our current test team!!











My next Willunga Artisans Market has been cancelled this weekend but instead I am very excited to be joining the others on January 20th, the last day of the Tour Down Under bike race! This is the equivalent to the Tour de France and so exciting that it is still held in Adelaide each year. We were saddened to hear of the sudden death of cycling commentator Paul Sherwen and we know Phil Liggett will miss him terribly as he stated he was dreading flying here without Paul. No-one knows what tomorrow will bring and I think living 'one day at a time' is very timely (no pun intended!). So I've made some more rope bowls for the event but this time with a little William Morris and a splash of Australian flora...........

 These may not be William Morris's Willow Bough leaves but I love them. It took Larry and I a while before we found some flowering gums but we finally did and of all places it was in Willunga!....


 This coming year I will try harder to make the blog more relevant to Morris and include some new projects to share. There is plenty of "Morris" about and I came across an Australian artist Elizabeth Willing who uses food to create large works of art and her latest was Morris's Strawberry Thief.........
And if only I lived in the UK. There are so many wonderful things on with events at the William Morris Society including an embroidery workshop.......
Meanwhile I am sorry that my own hand stitched journal project never started but all things happen when the time is right! For now I will leave you with today's thought provoking desk calendar quote......until till next time take care x

5 comments:

  1. Oh that beautiful beach. I can almost taste the salt, hear the waves and feel the breeze - if only we lived a wee bit closer.
    The new bowels a beautiful Michele, a beautiful merge of the Morris and Adelaide, is if we need another one LOL
    ... oh and when the time is right, things will happen.
    Hugs, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Michele, just do what you can, when you can, and "go with the flow". xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bowls you have been working so much on - they are totally by machine? and where did you learn to make them - they sure pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beach is a beautiful place, I enjoy mine especially when the water is calm and looks oily. It's good to enjoy the simple things in life and look for beauty where we can. Take care, Love fromJean 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach is one of my favorite places to go. Thanks for sharing your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x