Monday 14 December 2009

The Christmas tree


I don't seem to be the only one who is struggling with the fact that Christmas is only about 10 days away!! (I have a birthday at the end of this week so I always try and enjoy that first!) But the last few days I have found I am not the only one who hasn't had the time or inclination to put up the Christmas tree!!

Sophie always puts the tree up in our house and now she isn't living home I thought I would forget about it (waiting for the grandchildren and then it will be up in style though!) Anyway I thought I had better make an effort and put the sewing on hold for a few hours .......so yesterday I finally put the tree up! It was worth the effort and it was lovely to hang all the ornaments that meant something. Gifts from friends, souvenirs from travels and some of Mum's very old glass birds. So that brought sad thoughts as it is nearly one year since Mum died........then thoughts of others who won't be sharing family time with us. Not just Mum but my Dad, my brother, friends and in laws who are no longer here.
So with that I send thoughts to you and yours for a joyous festive season and may 2010 be a peaceful and healthy year full of great times and most importantly lots of stitching and pleasure!

1 comment:

  1. Michele,
    Have a wonderful Christmas! And follow it up with an even more wonderful New Year, both the one day of celebration and the 364 days to follow.
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x