Monday 21 September 2009

My William Morris rose is blooming

My first William Morris rose has bloomed..........(this was a gift 2 years ago from a very special friend in Melbourne - thankyou Maree x). I have been told this rose is no longer available but there is still much information on the Internet about it;
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/australian/showrose.asp?showr=3413

We have also been doing up the bedrooms in our house - painting and new carpet this week....my gosh that is no mean feat - it is like moving house having to pack and move everything out of 3 bedrooms - Aaaagh!!
I have had a dream to have a black & white room for some time which is why I originally made the black & white brocade style quilt. I recently found a beautiful chair for the room....thought I would show it off!!

And last week Betty and I had the 1st trading table for the aged care facility...here we are with all the bears and coat-hangers!!! All bears but one were sold before the day!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are back to your old self and knew you had many books in you ;-) Adore your William Morris Rose Cannot wait to see a picture of the B+W room
    Take Care and keep having fun
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see you doing so well Michele! The news that you are working on a new book is huge!! I'll spread the word in my part of the world and we can all wait for it together. I know it will be brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait - your first book has inspired me to design my own WM quilt. Thank you I am enjoying the journey - hope the next book is not too long off the press. Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilts and expertise with us mere mortals. :)
    quiltinglady

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x