Monday 9 March 2009

A day off

Helen Godden's Fantasy entry

It has been lovely to spend the day stitching - I've almost completed the blocks to a new quilt- just have to design the border! I will be teaching this at Quilt Encounter in July (Photo to follow): http://www.saquilters.org.au/quilt-encounter.htm


I am 'retiring' from nursing at the end of April - I've given 35 years of my life to nursing so thought it was time that I spent more time designing more quilts and maybe writing my second William Morris in Applique book - can't believe I have said that already!!)

It will be so good to catch up with friends as well!

A week ago I had an enjoyable time with my good friend Faye at the Quilt convention in Melbourne. It was great to hear the book was selling so well. It was also great to see all the 'Fantasy' entries.One of my favourites was Helen Godden's - amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x