Sunday 8 October 2017

Quilts in Christchurch

Today is the end of day three of teaching and with determination I've managed and now have just two days to go! I knew that this was going to be a tough last event but didn't expect to be so fatigued at the end of each day. So this evening I am once again laying low waiting for a light dinner to be delivered to my room. Sadly I knew I wouldn't last at the special event last night so I hope someone enjoyed my ticket. So as promised some photos from just one of the quilt exhibitions that are displayed at several venues around the city. This exhibition was in the Grand Hall of the Arts Centre and the building reminded me of some of the colleges at Oxford.........




It was such a wonderful setting to showcase some incredible work. I've posted the name of the quilt maker along with their artist's statement followed by the quilt.........





















just for you Faye!........














New Zealand quilters are certainly very talented! So on a final note I thought I would share that our dear little Maisie has just realised she only has one fully developed ear. Two nights ago she asked Emily and Brett (her parents) if they could make a hole in her non-developed ear because "I only have a hole in one ear, not the other one. Please do it now?" Precious little girl who reminds us how lucky we are. ......
I will post some photos of some inspiring student's work tomorrow night x

2 comments:

  1. Poor Maisie she was bound to realize her ear was different sooner or later I hope she adjusts and has no trouble - she is such a beautiful little girl. Looks like grandpa is helping her through it :) Sorry to hear this trip is tiring you out so much. All of the quilts that you show are so pretty. The piece you show of the skulls based on the trip to Mexico look so familiar to me - my daughter Melanie made one in needlepoint that she puts ever month of October

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the up close photos of the quilts. Thanks for taking the time to take and post. Thinking of your newest grandbaby with prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x