Wednesday 18 October 2017

Exciting news! The UK William Morris Tours are on again!!

I have just arrived home from stitching with friends to an email from Helen of Whitecroft Tours to tell me the William Morris tours are on again! It is so very exciting and I know for so many of you that is good news as you may have missed out as previous tours have sold out so quickly! Helen has tentative dates for next year, 23rd September - 3rd October 2018. I will not be there in person but I will most definitely be there with you in spirit every step of the way! And what a place to be staying for 10 nights......the Randolph Hotel in Oxford.....
Larry would have loved to stay there as he has been such a huge fan of Inspector Morse who would frequent there regularly! Oxford is the perfect place to stay before and after a tour as well as it is easy to get to London and there is so much to do locally with the benefit of fabulous amenities. The Randolph is also opposite the Ashmolean Museum and there is so much more just a short stroll away.......


and just around the corner is the Oxford Union.....
Of course the tour focus is all things William Morris and there are so many very special places you will visit, so in my haste tonight I have found a few....of course Kelmscott Manor is high on the list..........


 and now visitors can even take photos inside..........especially of that famous bed cover on William's bed..........


Wightwick Manor is a must and once again photos are now allowed inside.........







 But the entire tour is also full of everything quintessentially English countryside....sigh.....the Cotswolds - you just can't beat them!.....


 Then there is Red House..........
 The V&A Museum.........



 I could go on with so much more but I really need to rest my weary head as it is way past midnight! So if you are at all interested please contact Helen as soon as possible as I know the tour will sell out quickly.......I will be dreaming about it all tonight! Contact Helen Bertram via the 'contact us link' or email: enquiries@whitecrofttours.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. it sounds wonderful would be wonderful to see I'm sure but not in the cards for me

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x