Sunday 20 August 2017

Trying to keep warm

As always I cannot believe it has been ten days without posting so now it is Sunday afternoon and time to catch up and say Hi. We have just had a few days away in Victoria especially for Larry so he could watch his football team play. He has not seen them live for four years so last night was very exciting as they actually won their game by just one goal! We stayed with friends and were very well looked after but gosh it was cold as it is here back in Adelaide! We shared with our hosts the ongoing saga of power prices in our state and here is the proof of how expensive it is ........Yes....we are the most expensive in the world!!....

We are now both feeling a little sniffly with a scratchy throat (one of the down sides of flying in planes), so the heater is pumping while it is raining and cold outside (as we ignore the cost of keeping warm!) When we drove to the airport last week it was very grey and overcast and I was amazed at the lack of colour in the middle of the day from this image taken on my phone camera......
 It is currently our South Australian Living Artists festival and there were some displays at the airport which was ever welcome while we were waiting. I loved these birds that are pencil and acrylic on timber by Dana Kinter........

 I love our airport for many reasons - it is new and modern and so very easy to navigate and the bonus is their promotion of art. You can even see some of the glass art behind Larry.......

 While Larry was at the football in the freezing cold I was in the warmth in the company of six other quilters. We spent the afternoon and evening stitching (and eating!), while solving the problems of the world! So despite the chill factor it was a lovely break with the bonus of Larry's team winning! Arriving home today we discovered two packages tucked under the front door mat, one of them full of delightful Beatrix Potter fabrics from Heather at the Barossa Quilt and Craft Cottage. So now I need to find time to turn them into a quilt.........thankyou so very much Heather......
 and the other package was the book I spoke of last post so that is also exciting!......
Last week we did have a little sunshine and I managed to capture some of it on the camera this time on my walk at the nearby river while Larry was watching his other team play at the local football - and they won too!..........


 We have had so much rain that normally dry areas are now flooded and the birdlife has returned.........




















I have another flight in a few days where I will be joining more quilters at the annual Quilters Gathering organised by Marilyn's of Ulladulla, so I will be touch the other side of that (my very last class in Australia!) x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea letting Larry go to the football while you stitch. It is cold, and I have not been outside all weekend. Thankful for my wood fire and a cozy house. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a nice time that you have had in spite of it being winter. Prices are horrible all around the world for so many things - I see the US isn't on the chart for electric prices but I bet we are at or near the top for medical! if it isn't one thing it is another isn't it. Here I am longing for cooler days as the humidity here is awful this past two weeks and very wet besides - 7 inches of rain in one week! and more to come on Tuesday and Wednesday - then finally a cool down - looking so forward to enjoying my porch again. Packages in the mail are so nice to get I love getting them too. The garden is on it's last life as slowing the plants are dying out at the end of summer, the tomatoes are still going and the morning glories some other flowers as well, but it is winding down as we near the end of August. Love all your photos

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x