Thursday 25 May 2017

Rabbits in Terang

I've had a couple of wonderful days in Terang stitching and sharing in the antics of Peter Rabbit! Darlene from The Good Old Days quilt shop invited me for a second time and it was wonderful to see so many come from far and wide……even from New South Wales and Queensland! Once again we were in the RSL club surrounded by memorabilia and this was what greeted us yesterday morning…….


 Lots of wonderful wool felt and threads……...



 Helen brought her completed project from last year adorned with lovely butterflies……..it is beautiful Helen……..
 As always we were well fed and watered……..

 We had three mother/daughter participants and it was so very special to see them sharing their love of stitching. Noreen who fondly became "Nanna Noreen" was our eldest student in the company of her daughter as well. Today being the second day she revealed these little treasures to us that she made many, many years ago using crochet cotton and darning needles! Just exquisite and so very tiny……….

 At the end of the day today I was presented with that wee one on the right and that was a very emotional thing for me and it will be truly treasured. He is barely 5cm tall (1 ¾") and I can't get my head around trying to knit on darning needles. Thankyou Jeanette for bringing your Mum and thankyou Nanna Noreen for my precious little treasure ……..



The rabbits were breeding with lots of hand stitching - so different for me as there are usually lots of busy sewing machines humming……..








 And if only we could all have one like this……….
 Janelle has already started the Hexie project from the Beatrix Potter book and it was lovely to see it all - and she told me this is her very first hand stitched project too! well done Janelle……...

 Thankyou so much Darlene for having me and thankyou so much to all the girls who came……..

4 comments:

  1. Well Michele, when I saw the title of your post, I thought you had been for another totter, and seen real rabbits!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one of the good things about hand stitching is all the visiting that can be done at the same time because there is no noise of the machines going on. I can't image knitting with darning needles - that is true dedication to the tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great 2 days, I am so excited to do these projects for my upcoming grandchildren, so when I get them I will be prepared! 😍😍🐰🐰

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special day you all had!!! It all looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x