Sunday 30 April 2017

Tales of sandcastles

This time last week I was having fun with Bernina at the quilt convention but gosh where has that week gone? The Anzac Day holiday on Tuesday threw us all out with the "what day is it" question each morning! We are both feeling quite fatigued at the moment so need to do some exercise I think while we enjoy the cooler weather. Beau and Maisie certainly keep us on our toes and we enjoyed a full day with them on Friday taking in the sights of the Alice in Wonderland sandcastles at nearby Port Noarlunga. I had no energy to carry the big camera so the phone captured some of it instead......
This past week we have had very heavy rain and strong winds so some of the sculptures were damaged but still incredible works of art........






 I found an old mobile phone at home and Maisie immediately started taking her own photos.......
 There were activities to do (at a price of course!) and we spent a long time doing some coloured sand pictures. Maisie has incredible fine motor skills for a two year old and amazing patience too.......



 And Larry captured us in the distance as we skipped and sang along the way back to the car......
 We had a very late lunch with the bonus of a ride...
 but only Beau managed the ice-cream on the way home as Miss Maisie fell into a deep sleep clutching her new treat.......but I did forget to tell Beau that the bubblegum in the middle of the ice-cream was not supposed to be swallowed!!........
 They are growing so fast and it is nice to follow what they are up to at home on Emily's f'book page. Images of some nice time together making things, baking Anzac biscuits and Maisie even dressing herself....check out the shoes!.....



 So special that Emily could have a "date" with Beau on his own.......
These past few days I have also been busy creating items to sell on a Mother's day stall at Beau's school next Sunday. I've made zippered purses, diary covers and recipes folders..........

 And then decided to buy even more Ikea fabric and make some more of those tunics for the stall that I made for myself.......
So the fabrics were all washed first and draped over the couches for the final dry......and I am pleased that the fabric hardly needs pressing. If I don't sell them next weekend I might have a sale on the blog!...
Autumn has definitely arrived and we've welcomed some wonderful rain. Once again there are bulbs popping up early so I am wondering if they are meant to be winter blooms........ 


 I received a surprise gift in the post this week all the way from Helen in the UK.....a William Morris package of coffee! I had seen these advertised online and you can read more about it HERE and I have to say it is a delicious blend.....thankyou Helen xx
So before I get back to stitching those tunics I thought I would share some photos that Marjorie kindly allowed me to share with you. Now this lady is clearly a fast worker.....we only met just 4 weeks ago at the workshop with Illawarra quilters and her Peter Rabbit runner/bag is finished! And what a fabulous version it is too. I love her selection of fabrics and the extra pieces like the foliage in the tree, the sun peeking out, the radishes in a pot and the final block looking like the inside of a tree. I will never forget our mentor Lessa telling us that the teacher's sample is the "poor man's cousin" and how true is that? I am so pleased with it all and thankyou so very much Marjorie........I hope the little person you made it for loves it as much as I do.......




 I also received a lovely gift of some more Peter Rabbit jackets lovingly knitted by another of the Illawarra girls and delivered to me at the quilt convention (thanks Roslyn)......so sorry I have forgotten the maker's name but thankyou, thankyou, thankyou......the rabbits are very happy to be warm with these cooler days.....and I am yet to make a better looking Peter when time permits.....
Thankyou again for dropping by and allowing me to ramble on about everything except William Morris! Till next time I hope all is well in your part of the world x

6 comments:

  1. What a busy time. No wonder you are tired. What a good grandmother you are making such beautiful goodies for the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely post of your days. You seem to have so many fun places to take the kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so busy as always - love your tops so cute - the sandcastles - wow what great works of art. The kids look so happy in the sand

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the rabbits look right (and very sweet) now they have little blue jackets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sand sculptures and we do a similar thing here with snow! Lovely times with the grandkids and my favourite photo is the long shot of you three running. The bags and tunics are wonderful. Meanwhile, be sure to get some rest; you are very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful Grandparents you are! Those are spiffy tunics you are making. Bet they'll all sell. Thanks for sharing all the wonders in your world

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x