Saturday 11 March 2017

Fabrics to make you smile

Today I had an unexpected visitor and what a visit it was - just what I needed with feeling so flat! Tim from Curzon Fabrics was down our way with his sons on their way to a football game so he thought he would call in. We talked fabrics of course and he shared some new swatches that I can't quite show just yet. But it is very exciting as they are in a similar style to the pearlised cream antique acanthus that I have used as a background in so many of my Morris quilts. I know many of you have been waiting so it won't be long.......
 and I am already planning some new quilts as there will also be shades of black and gold too (and more colours to come).....so I'll let you know when they are available. But my biggest surprise and incredible gift was the most luscious bag of fabric. I have been embarrassed many times with Tim's generosity but his intent is always to show that there are people in the quilting industry who care.........

 The prints all remind me of the beautiful fabrics that are associated with Liberty and they are a beautiful soft cotton too. There are retro hexagon designs and some in the Monet garden style.........click on the photo to get a closer look.....
 and how about some gorgeous new blouses from these?..........
 They are all from Jason Yenter of In the Beginning Fabrics and the range is called Garden Delights and to say they are delightful is an understatement...........



 Jason has also produced a book to go with the fabric collection and this book is simply beautiful. It is full of timeless quilts including some appliquéd too............
 The photos are gorgeous with step by step instructions...........







 and there are even some recipes...........
 Jason says in the front of the book that he wanted to "combine modern with pretty" and present projects that are both contemporary and traditional. He also says he hopes "this palette of fabrics and quilts patterns will spark your creative juices and inspire you to create something beautiful"....well my creative juices are well and truly overflowing and I am already planning another version of a Beatrix Potter quilt.......Wow and Wow Jason.....they are simply gorgeous!. Check your local quilt shop for the fabrics and the book that has six timeless quilts (and a cushion design), and it all makes one smile!
 And thankyou Tim (and Jim) from Curzons who have always been so supportive of the quilting industry but especially to me......I feel very blessed. As I drooled over the fabrics I made the last stitch on this little friend for Maisie this afternoon. It was a pattern by Shelly Down from the Mollie Makes magazine and Shelly's blog is full of so much more - I think a book from her might be on my purchase list soon! I know cats are not pink and one of her eyes is too far to the left but it's my first attempt and I am sure Miss Maisie will love it as much as I love the Garden Delights fabrics! 

5 comments:

  1. what a wonderful surprise gift of all that fabric - so nice to know the right people!! Bet that perked up your day if it was "flat" to begin with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole blog looks like spring is everywhere and a perfect pink kitty fits right in. As usual you brighten my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast for the eyes these prints are! I know I have been colour deprived with our long winter(still going on) but those cheery fabrics looked luscious to me. Gorgeous book and pretty pink cat too. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Planning new quilts ??? Now what was it you said only a week ago??

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink cat is lovely for a little girl.And those fabrics are beautiful, can you please tell us when the cream acanthus one is available, and where it can be bought, I have never seen it and it would be perfect for Kelmscott. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x