Tuesday 21 February 2017

Teaching countdown

While looking at my calendar today I came to realise I only have seven more teaching events before I finally 'retire'....well not quite as we will be going to Norfolk Island next year and of course I will be busy with the William Morris in Adelaide Tours. In all I have only ten more classes and I have noticed that there are a few vacancies. First of all Judy in Bordertown has had a couple of last minute cancellations for this coming weekend and next week. Check HERE for details. Everyone will receive the pattern for the Peter Rabbit bed runner (as well as other things!), and there will be lots of rabbits to keep us company!!.....
 Classes with Illawarra Quilters filled very fast last year when they were advertised but when I just checked I noticed there are now two spots left for the May Morris Sampler......
And my very last teaching schedule is in Christchurch New Zealand for Quilt Symposium 2017 where I will be in the company of an amazing list of international teachers from all around the world...a great way to finish so join me if you can! While talking of future events, today was another day of sorting out venues for the Morris tours so we returned south to Port Elliot where I captured some quick photos on my phone of two homes that I have long admired (and we said hello to your old place Lessa!).......

I have just had a couple of days away at nearby Goolwa all on my own so that I could get stuck into some quilting with no interruptions. These are the new quilts I decided to make to brighten up the Bernina stand at AQC in Melbourne that is in just 8 weeks! I always seem to create extra work for myself but I just felt I wanted something new and fresh and so many have seen my quilts so many times. So I enjoyed playing with rulers and I love my new quilting foot......
 On one of the quilts I actually worked from the back as it was easier to see........


 I did manage a couple of walks and of course the mandatory coffee! While walking I was entertained with a small regatta of yachts and a fisherman who was catching fish just for the pelicans  - carp are not much good for eating he told me......




 I also caught up with Janie and Rosie and we worked on more projects for the Adelaide Mbale Children's health Project . Rosie lives in Goolwa with her lovely Tom so of course we were treated to a very fine lunch and what a view from their verandah........




 This past week we had a wonderful day with Miss Maisie and she is such a delight. I just love this image of her listening for birds with her good ear.......
  And the joy of chocolate........






 I found this little pram at a charity shop for just $5 but insisted that they take $10...it is in such good condition and a big hit already........


Sweeping up the leaves is never a chore at that age........




 And then some special time with Beau last Friday on his 5th birthday. We picked him up from school and took him shopping followed by a treat of spanish donuts that he loves......and so do we!!......




So I think that is it for another week.....hope all is well in your part of the world and thanks for dropping by x

9 comments:

  1. looks like you have had a special time with the grandchildren once again - so nice for you to have them so close to you and see them pretty much when you want to. the photos of your quilts and things are just so pretty - have fun at all the remaining quilt classes that you are doing this year. It will be nice to retire and do things at the pace you wish to do from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your free motion quilting is beautiful. So your countdown is on till full retirement. Can't wait to see what you will create with the freedom from class preparation. And I go now to look up Spanish donuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must send my your email address Jocelyn so I can answer you direct! Spanish donuts are very very bad for you Jocelyn but oh so yummy!!

      Delete
  3. Those bunny bottoms are too cute for words! Great collection of zip purses and baskets, did you make all of these?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your bright new colours and I love little Maisie's face. Hope I get a chance to catch up at AQC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fun post. I'm off to see what Spanish donuts are in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, churros. I stay away from them as they are fried, but you're right - they are so good. Here's what Wikipedia has to say:
    History
    The origin of churros is unclear. One theory suggests they were brought to Europe from China by the Portuguese. The Portuguese sailed for the Orient and, as they returned from Ming Dynasty China to Portugal, they brought along with them new culinary techniques, including altering dough for youtiao, also known as Youzagwei in southern China, for Portugal. The new pastry soon crossed the border into Spain, where it was modified to have the dough extruded through a star-shaped die rather than pulled.[1]

    Another theory is that the churro was made by Spanish shepherds, to substitute for fresh bakery goods. Churro paste was easy to make and fry in an open fire in the mountains, where shepherds spend most of their time.[2][3]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, the delights of spending time with your posts. Heart warming, lovely, creative, precious grandchildren and look what one can learn. Thanks for making my day so much brighter.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x