Tuesday 24 March 2015

Happy Birthday William Morris

William Morris was born on March 24th 1834 and the William Morris Society of Canada certainly celebrate the event in style! This is their cake for this year…….
Since 2002 three members: Laura Bright, Gianna Wichelow and James Bailey have created eleven of them! These are a few but I don't know how one could possibly cut into them - they are way too beautiful!…….






I could manage these though….
So seeing as we are celebrating with cake I thought I would share some of the projects from the May Morris book. It is a small book of only 36 pages and most of the projects are small too. I decided to do this to keep costs down including postage. Accompanying the projects are very easy recipes so the theme was set to call it "Afternoon Tea with May Morris"………
 
We start with an apron……...
There are napkins and large table coasters……..
 A cushion……….
 A quilt throw and table-runner……….
 a wall hanging……..
 and of course there had to be a tea cosy. It is now through the proofing stage and will go to print later this week….so I hope they are available in 2-3 weeks. 
During the past week I received photos from Lyn of her beautiful version of the Adelaide Collection Floral Sampler. She has made if for her mother's 80th birthday and what a beautiful gift. Thanks Lyn for sharing your beautiful work and I hope your Mum is delighted…...


I will finish with something that I saw today that I thought would be the perfect gift for my next birthday…a girl can only dream!!……
So Happy Birthday William Morris…..if he was here today I would take him these two big bunches of flowers picked from my garden a few days ago…….


11 comments:

  1. Well I would raise my glass to our favourite man too. Good news that the book release is getting closer - what a perfect Mother's Day present it will be. This cricket is cutting into my quilting time! I am having to knit so I can watch at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your team are certainly doing well too Alison! x

      Delete
  2. Dear William has added so much beauty to our lives. Thank you for introducing me to him and to you of course. Can't wait till the new book. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always lovely to hear from you dear Margaret x

      Delete
    2. Always lovely to hear from you Margaret x

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous cakes! Thank heaven for photography so they can be documented - then eaten - LOL. Your flowers are gorgeous! Look forward to the book. Is it coming out in the states?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie…..not sure yet about the states….I am hoping it will be cheap and easy to post from here but i will let you know!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness - these cakes are divine. I am completely in awe of cake decorators - my hands that are quite capable of wielding needle and thread become like sledgehammers when dealing with icing. The results are always disastrous :) Congratulations on the new book being nearly ready - very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, the cakes are absolutely amazing and thank you so much for sharing the pics of them Michele. Your flowers are just as beautiful as well. The projects in your new to be published book look absolutely gorgeous, can't wait for that one too. Yes, wouldn't the settee be an awesome gift!
    Take care and again thank you for sharing Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm Gianna, one of the cake makers that worked on quite a few WMSC cakes... thank you for spotlighting us... your tea party looks so delicious (I love the look of that fruit cake - is it a ready accessible recipe? I know my dad would love it).

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x