Thursday 14 August 2014

A stitching day to remember

Thankyou for your lovely get well messages and emails. This was a day that I didn't want to miss and despite feeling pretty rotten I was pleased to have made it and it was certainly a day to remember - a class at the Royal School of Needlework in the spectacular surrounds of Hampton Court Palace……….












Our delightful tutor is one of the school's accredited teachers - Nicola Jarvis - handpicked by Helen because of her speciality in May Morris embroidery. It was a lovely day and this was the view from our workshop room………wow!!






Helen was very excited when we arrived as another of her favourite tutors just happened to be there - Owen Davies - the first and only male since 1872 to have graduated from the Royal Needlework School…...
 And here she is later in the day possibly requesting info for me about the food I ate 2 nights ago (thanks Helen!!)…….we thought the i-pad through the hoop was rather interesting……..
Tomorrow is always special for another visit to Kelmscott Manor…more then x

4 comments:

  1. Love the look of the hoops used. Do you know what they are called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you were able to recuperate and attend this special day. The images are awesome - thank you for sharing them. Enjoy your day tomorrow - and keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how lucky you were to be able to spend time stitching at the Royal School of Needlework and to have a wonderful tutor. I was lucky enough to be allowed a peek into the workshop area when I visited Hampton Court.I would have loved to be able to spend more time there doing some stitching. It is wonderful you were well enough to go along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up with your travels to hear that you have been unwell. I do hope you are now recovered and can enjoy the rest of your tour. You poor thing, being unwell at home is bad enough, but being I'll away from home is just the pits. I'm thinking of you and sending love.

    Gentle hugs

    Neil C

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x