Sunday 10 August 2014

A day of quilts

Today was a treat....a trip to see the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. The crowds before the doors opened stretched for miles both ways!
 I am rather weary tonight so I will let some of the quilts do the talking. I took over 150 photos and it is so hard to capture my favourites but here are a few. One of our very "own" .....Judy Hooworth from Australia..........






 Another three Australians - Cinzia White, Margaret McDonald and Beth Miller......








 And a special treat catching up with very dear friends.......it was so lovely to see you again Maureen and Roger and I will treasure my little hand stitched gift - thank-you x........
A quilt for you Tamsin....... 


 I passed by the large book stand - Kaleidoscope books and I was thrilled to see there are still copies of my books about.......so of course a signing session was the least I could do..........











 Some exquisite miniature quilts with my hand to show the size..........











 A very special quilt from our very own Prue who lives in my hometown ...and we caught up with her at the show today too!
 Yes this entry is in fact a fabric clock that works!.....

 I love ladybirds and they appeared on this school quilt.........


This was the Best of Show quilt.........


 You can see the list of all the winners here (but no photos yet)



 We shared a lovely lunch with friends from Australia and some fellow travellers. Brian is one of two men who have braved the tour with 19 companions being women so he certainly deserved this beer!.....
 Another big highlight was catching up with a dear friend who is over here in the UK supporting her brave son as he battles cancer. It was so good to see you Kay xxx
Till next time take care all x

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all those wonderful photos of quilts Michelle, some real stunners there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing works of art!
    We know of an extraordinary MH quilt that would feel quite at home amongst all these masterpieces.
    XX
    Nydia & Ken
    We love our morning blog viewing. and ken especially loves are the carvings you have included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing display of quilts - great to see such variety. Isn't that tiny floral quilt exquisite?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing some amazing quilts. I wwas wowed by the size of the miniatures and the details of the exqisite work in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing some of the amazing exhibit with us, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely show and tell, thank you. Also nice to see Kays smiling face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. came here via Queenie's blog - the photos are just lovely - thank you !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A feast for the eyes. Brilliant quilts and a huge variety of sizes and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I’m not a quilter

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x