Tuesday 21 July 2009

Waterhouse natural history art prize

This years winner is "Fish" by Matilda Michell. (Photo from the South Australian Museum website)

This amazing exhibition is something I look forward to every year. There are entries from all around the world and it is such a wonderful thing that it is in our own city..see website:
If you are in Adelaide do go and check it out. All mediums are represented including glass, wood and even textiles - not just paintings.
I am back at the sewing machine trying to complete the new sampler. I will get pictures up tonight. I am using the new William Morris range of fabric from Barbara Brackman (for Moda), and it has just arrived in the shops. Have a look at the beautiful range; http://www.unitednotions.com/fcc_the_morris_workshop.pdf

It does take a while to download the PDF but it is well worth it! The fabrics are a lovely quality and I am enjoying appliqueing them. .......more later! Do drop by on Barbara Brackman's blog too - she has some very interesting articles on her speciality of historical quilts and textiles; http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/2009/07/stars-on-point.html
This entry is a lovely way to 'showcase' the fabrics and I do love blocks on point even if they are all pieced!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x